All families registered for Jackrabbits this season will receive an email that the jackrabbits initial session will be cancelled tomorrow. Due to the rising numbers of COVID, we are postponing our session kick off until January 15, 2022.
You will find many COVID-19 safety measures in place at Sturgeon Heights Community Centre such as mandatory masks and COVID-19 immunization verification policies. We sanitize in between programs and separate washrooms and entrances with multiple events for your safety.
Before you visit
Effective September 3, 2021 , proof of COVID-19 immunization is now required to visit Sturgeon Heights Community Centre. This follows the lead of City of Winnipeg run facilities such as pools and arenas. Everyone entering the Sturgeon Heights Community Centre is required to provide proof of immunization and corresponding photo ID.
Sturgeon Heights Community Centre remains closed to the public but open for select events and programming.
Individuals that do not show proof of immunization will not be permitted to enter the facility or participate in indoor programming with some exemptions.
Customers are required to bring a piece of government-issued ID to confirm that their identity matches their COVID-19 immunization card.
Face masks are also required. Also, anyone with COVID-19 symptoms will be asked to not enter our facilities.
Please do not visit the Sturgeon Heights Community Centre if you:
- are feeling ill and/or experiencing any of the following symptoms: cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose/congestion, sore throat, diarrhea, loss of taste and/or smell, sore muscles not related to overexertion or exercise.
- have had close contact (within 2 metres) with a confirmed case of COVID-19, or if someone in your household has.
- In the last 14 days, have you returned:
- From a Canadian province/territory and you have less than two COVID vaccinations or it has been less than two weeks since your second COVID vaccination?
- From non-essential travel outside Canada
St. James Ringette registration is now open:
Vax QR code required.
Mon/Fri afternoons 12:45pm, Thu nights 7:00pm
Our AGM will be held September 14, 2021 6:00 pm at 210 Rita street.
SJAMHA online hockey registration is open for the 21-22 season! https://sjamha.ca/2021-2022-registration-now-open/
Note: Hockey Canada has a new system this year and some additional steps need to be taken when registering this year.
In person/subsidy registration is taking place at Sturgeon Heights CC on Wednesday August 18/21 from 6:30 to 8:30 pm.
In addition, parents who qualify can get up to $500 per youth player in registration fee subsidies from the Hockey Canada Assist Fund.https://assistfund.hockeycanadafoundation.ca/en/index.htm
CHANGES TO SHCC INDOOR AND OUTDOOR SPORTS AND PROGRAMMING
Due to recent Provincial Public Health Order updates, the Sturgeon Heights Community Centre has made the following changes on Jun 26/21 and remains in effect until Aug 2/21.
– Indoor sports training and indoor programming at SHCC has resumed on a limited basis with restrictions.
– SHCC Outdoor Mini Soccer remains suspended. More details to follow.
– All other Outdoor Sports training, practices, and games may now be possible with restrictions.
The Sturgeon Heights CC building will remain closed to the public at this time, granting access only to booked events with restrictions. We will continue to monitor the Public Health Orders and Sport Return to Play Policies for any changes this summer and fall.
More information about outdoor sport restrictions can be found at this link. https://www.sportmanitoba.ca/covid-19/
More information about the current Provincial Health Order can be found at this link. https://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/prs/index.html
Please feel free to contact us with any questions. Stay safe.
New at SHCC!
TimBits Softball Ages 5 – 7 Friday evenings starting Apr 30/21 at your local community centre.
Registration online now. https://www.northwestfastball.com/timbits-softball
Timbits Softball is a revolutionary way of introducing the sport to children. Activities are included which foster the involvement of ALL players, including players with high and low skill levels. Kids will experience excitement, enjoyment and success. Activities and lead-up games are patterned after informal playground games that promise an hour of FUN and LOTS OF ACTION. Participants will go home at the end of the day happy and tired while improving their fitness level.
Softball registration now open.
Softball Manitoba has restructured their divisions to create a stronger performance pathway which will give more athletes the opportunity to play at a high level.
A – Club level, formerly BAA – New to introduce High Performance AAA – High Performance, formerly A
St. James Minor Baseball will be operating baseball this spring/summer.
2021 Registration https://stjamesminorbaseball.net/?page_id=2939
We are planning to start Rally Cap & Grand Slam in early May. AA & AAA tryouts will be in mid April, with games starting mid May for 11U and up.
****These dates are estimates and may change due to Government policy or weather****
Registrations Fees for 2021 (by birth year):
Rally Cap (2014-2017) – $72.00
Grand Slam (2012-2013) – $165.00
11U (2010-2011) – $200.00
13U (2008-2009) – $210.00
15U (2006-2007) – $220.00
18U (2003-2004-2005) – $230.00
Junior Baseball registration dates and amounts will follow soon.
- Tryouts will be in mid-April for 11U AA, 13UAA & AAA, 15 U AA & AAA and 18U AA & AAA.
- Tryout fees for 11U and up are $25.00. Please check tryout fees if you wish to tryout for either AA or AAA. You will be contacted when tryout dates are set.
- In order to be eligible for tryouts, you must be registered and have fees paid by Friday, April 2, 2021.
For program information for the different age and levels, please click the links below: